The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Westley Wong
Dr. Westley Wong, MD, FACS is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Colon and Rectal Surgery and General Surgery. Dr. Wong is affiliated with Memorial Sloan-Kettering and Memorial Hospital For Cancer And Allied Diseases. He speaks English.
Dr. Westley Wong has the following 2 specialties
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
Colorectal surgeons are doctors who perform surgery in order to correct problems with the anus, rectum or colon. These physicians perform colonoscopies, and other diagnostic procedures, in order to identify any issues that require surgical intervention. They then determine what type of surgical procedure would be best. The specialists also care for these patients post-operation to ensure proper healing and recovery.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Dr. Westley Wong has the following 5 expertise
- Colon Cancer
- Colon Cancer (Sigmoid Neoplasms)
- Colorectal Cancer
- Colorectal Surgery
- Rectal Cancer
Dr. Westley Wong has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 1 of 1
My husband was diagnosed with lower rectal cancer and every surgeon in North Jersey stated that he would need a colostomy. Dr Wong was able to successfully remove the cancer and reattach the upper colon to the remaining small piece of rectum with out a colostomy. That was 3 years ago and although my husband was a STAGE III with 12 positive lymph nodes, he is doing well with no evidence of cancer. It was through the grace of GOD and the excellent skill of Dr. Wong that he is healthy today. The staff at Sloan Kettering also was excellent and caring.
Dr. Wong is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Memorial Hospital For Cancer And Allied Diseases
41 Years Experience
University Of Manitoba Faculty Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions1275 York Ave, New York, NY
Dr. Westley Wong is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.