Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Whitney W Woodmansee has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pituitary Gland Cancer
- Cushing Disease
- Pituitary Diseases
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Thyroid Diseases
- Thyroid Cancer
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
Showing 5 of 22
Excellent diagnostic skills and very logical in her approach. She covers material quickly (so you have to be on your toes when you arrive) but has given me great insight into my current medical issues and what to do about them. If you want one of the best doctors in their field ... see Dr. Woodmansee.
Before becoming a patient of Dr. Woodmansee I had been seeing my PCP to treat my thyroid. I thought seeing an actual endo would benefit my health. She didn't spend as much time with me as my PCP did talking about my disease and how it affects other aspects of my health, but I figured she knew what she was doing. However... Traffic was a nightmare this morning and I ended up being close to 20 minutes late for my appointment after sitting in stop and go traffic for 2 hours. I called to say I was running late and I was told it would be ok as long as I made it within 20 minutes of my appointment. I arrived, was checked in, my vitals were taken, and I sat in the waiting room for half an hour. I overheard the nurse speaking with Dr. Woodmansee about the patients she had waiting, and the doctor decided her last patient of the morning would be a girl who came in AFTER I did because she was on time for her appointment. (Note: I understand the importance of being on time, but for a previous appointment I was on time and had to wait for Dr. Woodmansee because SHE was late. I also left my home with plenty of time to get to her office under normal circumstances.) After sitting around waiting I was told I would have to reschedule. I live over 20 miles away from Boston and it's a pain for me to go in (gas, rush hour traffic, time away from work), but I thought seeing Dr. Woodmansee would be worth it. Her arrogance and complete lack of compassion and understanding helped me make the decision to go back to my PCP. I will no longer be seeing Dr. Woodmansee. You can look at this review any way you want, but regardless of my tardiness she could have at least had the decency to talk to me about the situation instead of glaring at me from across the room and punishing me for events that were out of my control.
25 Years Experience
University Of Colorado School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. Whitney W Woodmansee accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMayo Clinic Hospital, 4500 San Pablo Rd S, Jacksonville, FL
Dr. Whitney W Woodmansee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.