Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Wilfred J Ellis
Dr. Wilfred J Ellis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lima, OH. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ellis is affiliated with Joint Township District Memorial Hospital and Lima Memorial Hospital. Dr. Ellis has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Wilfred J Ellis has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
Showing 5 of 10
I came to see DrEllis because I am a 57 year old with chickenpox I inform receptionist I was contagious but was told to take a seat because Dr Ellis told his staff I did not have chickenpox so I exposed all of his patient. Then when he seen me he barely looked at me and diagnosed me with Pityriasis Rosea. I could hardly swallow running low grade temp. Since then I seen my NP again and had them in years and opened ones under breast and in hair then I had to go to occupational health where I work and I am still contagious so I can't go back to work yet . I am aRNand was exposed at work by a pto with new onset shingles . I didn't likeDr Ellis when he came to StRitas and still do like him hebetter not quit his wound job he doesn't make community infection Dr
Dr. Ellis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Roger Williams Medical Center
Dr. Wilfred J Ellis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
FrontPath Health Coalition
- FrontPath Health Coalition
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Paramount HMO Ohio
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsInfectious Diseases, 329 N West St, Lima, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Wilfred J Ellis in this video.
Dr. Wilfred J Ellis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lima, OH.