Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Willem J Vanheeckeren
Dr. Willem J Vanheeckeren, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mentor, OH. He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Vanheeckeren is affiliated with University Of Cincinnati Medical Center, Uh Cleveland Medical Center and Tripoint Medical Center. Dr. Vanheeckeren has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Willem J Vanheeckeren has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Willem J Vanheeckeren has the following 17 expertise
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Hepatitis C
- Blood Cancer
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
Dr. Willem J Vanheeckeren has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Van Heeckeren is a great doctor. He cares about his patients as well as the family. My husband is his patient. Dr. Van Heeckeren has always been upfront with us on what to expect. He takes time to ensure all of our questions are answered and that we understand the answer. He never rushes us out. I too can't believe his ratings are not much higher on this site. He truly is one of those doctors that still cares.
I cannot say enough about Dr Van Heeckeren.This has been the most challenging time of my mom's life. When reading Dr Van Heeckeren's ratings on this site, I am suprised to see any of the ratings fall below a 3. As far as bed side manners go ..... I have no complaints about how he sends his message, when dealing with a terminal decease, the truth sometimes hurts and he must tell you the information you do not want to hear.The one thing I do like about him is he places the desire to continue treatments with the patient. He does not seem to believe in continuing treatment just to continue treatments .... he believes in the quality of life of his patients.
i feel that dr. van heeckeren and his nurse treated my father like a number. scans were ordered, and a call had to be made to get results. did a chest x-ray and 10 days later, find out my father has pneumonia per the x-rays. turns to us and says "did i prescribe you an antibiotic?" no...and we had to call for results. connie tells us there was nothing found...?????
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Vanheeckeren is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
University Hospital Health System
Dr. Willem J Vanheeckeren accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Buckeye Ambetter Balanced
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLake University Island Cancer, 9485 Mentor Ave Ste 3, Mentor, OH
Dr. Willem J Vanheeckeren is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mentor, OH.