Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William A Athens Jr
Dr. William A Athens Jr, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Flat Rock, MI. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Athens is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital -Trenton, Southshore Campus. Dr. Athens has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. William A Athens Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Surgery
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Joint Replacement
- Herniated Disc
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Back Injuries
- Sports Medicine
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Stenosis
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Showing 5 of 47
The day of my first appointment they were running behind, so I waited for over an hour to see Dr. Athens. However, once I was called back, I was treated EXTREMELY well. Never have I seen an orthopedic surgeon who explained everything to me, spent 20 minutes talking to me about my options, and the only one to finally (after 4 years) come up with a solution to my chronic problem. I feel a sense of relief right now.
Had knee replacement and 6 months later experiencing new pain making it difficult to work. Could not be seen by dr for 6 weeks. I am very disappointed in the ability to see dr when in pain. No exception or any compromise was made. Also the wait is ridiculous an average wait is 1 hr. Main goal is to do surgery and forget about you. Good luck with this office.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2016, 2011, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2016, 2015, 2013, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2015, 2016)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2016, 2015)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Dr. Athens is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Dr. William A Athens Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsPrecision Orthopedics Pc, 25755 Telegraph Rd, Flat Rock, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William A Athens Jr in this video.
Dr. William A Athens Jr is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Flat Rock, MI.