Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Parkinson’s Disease Get the facts about Parkinson’s disease, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William A Friedman has the following 1 specialty
- Neurological Surgery
A neurological surgeon is a physician who surgically treats disorders of the nervous system, which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves.
In addition to treating trauma of the head and spine, these doctors also treat disorders like epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
Neurological surgeons can perform surgical procedures on the brain, such as stereotactic surgery, microsurgery, endoscopic surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, and endovascular image guided methods.
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (Bleeding In The Brain)
- Spinal Disorders
- Brain Cancer
- Pituitary Gland Cancer
- Nervous System Cancer (Neurilemmoma)
- Brain Aneurysm
- Brain Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Auditory Tumor (Acoustic Neuroma)
- Brain Cancer (Meningioma)
- Glial Cancer (Glioma)
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Gamma Knife Surgery (Stereotactic Radiosurgery)
- Back Injuries
- Brain Disorder
- Stereotaxic Techniques
- Brain Arteriovenous Malformation (Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformations)
- Facial Nerve Pain (Trigeminal Neuralgia)
- Brain Tumor
Showing 5 of 47
He did a proceedure for trigiminal neuralgia 3 years ago That was not a success and even though I called repeatedly he never responded, had his nurse tell me I may ever get better.I have had constant numbness so sensitive I cannot touch the area, Now it is becoming worse .And the pain travels up into my cheek.
I found Doc Friedman to be compassionate and caring. He may not have been ultra warm and fuzzy but I didn't need him to be. I went with Trigeminal Neuralgia and he offer to do the surgery the very next day to help alleviate my pain and suffering. I had to go back for a couple RFA's and they too were taken care of promptly thus leaving me finally pain free after 8 - 9 years. If you want warm and fuzzy then go elsewhere but if you want a Doctor who will listen , care, has years of experience and will give you results call Doctor Friedman. His staff and everyone at Shands Hospital were outstanding!
42 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Dr. William A Friedman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William A Friedman in this video.
Dr. William A Friedman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gainesville, FL.