Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William A Hood has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. William A Hood has the following 12 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
Dr. William A Hood is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Poor character ,terminated me as his patient at 39 weeks because I refused a c section and told me he was surprised that I and my baby didn't bleed to death after my baby was born. He was sweet at first until I didn't agree with his decisions then he treated me rudely and mean. If you choose him he is on board with you unless you disagree with him.
I had my daughter in 2007 and dr. Hood was my doctor. Everybody I talk to I recommend him. He listens, and is very helpful I'm any problems u may have. There was bad situation at the time after delivery and hood made sure he felt it was safe enough to leave. I enjoyed him so much my sister meets him tomorrow bc she pregnant. I can't wait he is awesome in what he does.
He is very understanding well listens an cares for all his patients , He is by far the best doctor ive seen, I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone, HE delivered my second child an if i ever have anymore he will deliver them as well:) WAY TO GO DOCTOR HOOD
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Dr. William A Hood accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGriffin Ob/Gyn Clinic, 1020 River Oaks Dr Ste 110, Flowood, MS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William A Hood in this video.
Dr. William A Hood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Flowood, MS.