Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William A Pearce
Dr. William A Pearce, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Renton, WA. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Pearce is affiliated with University Of Washington Medical Center. Dr. Pearce has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. William A Pearce has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. William A Pearce has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
Dr. William A Pearce has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 7
13 years ago I went to Dr. Pearce for bleeding. Turns out I gave him a fuse family history of colon cancer and pulps. I was 30 years old and he said he would do a full colonoscopy due to family history but I was still young and should have nothing to worry about. The day he did my scope I remember waking up seeing him calling for a surgeon. When my husband came to pick me up we had to me with the doctor. My 18 month old daughter was running around the room we were in when Dr. Pearce walked in with a tear in his eye. He told me I had a tumor that had to come out ASAP and he had a surgeon waiting to meet with me. He did all my followup care and was there for me when I needed him no mater what time of the night it was. 3 years later I had internal bleeding problems that he could not solve. He sat me down and told me he was firing himself as my doctor. He wanted me to see someone else in Seattle...I did so with heavy heart. But he made the right call for me, it did take a total of 3.5 years to fix my bleeding but had he not sent me to the other doctor I'm not sure the double balloon scope would have been made to save others.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Pearce is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1984
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. William A Pearce accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- Premera NW PHYS Network: Personal Care
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSouthlake Clinic, 4011 Talbot Rd S Ste 500, Renton, WA
Dr. William A Pearce is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Renton, WA.