Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William A Powell III MD
Dr. William A Powell III has 2 locations
805 Saint Vincents Dr Ste 510
Birmingham, AL 35205
Dr. William A Powell III has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. William A Powell III has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. William A Powell III is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Thank you Dr. Powell
Self-verified patient of Dr. William A Powell III - Posted on September 7th, 2013
Dr. Powell was on loan to American Family Care in Trussville when I came to him with a problem with my hip. I thought I would need surgery. He quickly diagnosed me with birsitus and gave me a steroid shot. I was better in 24 hours. He also prescribed a medicine for my joint pain. I was pain free in less than a week. Thank you Dr. Powell!!! I feel 20 years younger. I have a new lease on life. I wish I could give you a big hug!
You are the best
Self-verified patient of Dr. William A Powell III - Posted on June 15th, 2011
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
35 Years Experience
University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Carraway Methodist Medical Center
Dr. William A Powell III Accepts the Following Insurance
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. William A Powell III is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.