Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William Appelbaum
Dr. William Appelbaum, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Northbrook, IL. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Appelbaum is affiliated with Swedish Covenant Hospital, Louis A Weiss Memorial Hospital and Merit Lincoln Park LLC. He speaks English.
Dr. William Appelbaum has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I have known this Doctor over 35 years as a young Medical Technologist I was so impressed with how smart he was and when one of his patients went into cardiac arrest he pulled up a chair and watched the moniters giving the nursing staff exact instructions on admininstering medications to this patient. He just knew when to to stop or add more dose ,the patient survived. I went on to be come a college instructor and a lab manager. He is not only a professional but a friend and still the best Doctor I know, and I tell you I have seen a lot.
Dr. Appelbaum is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Swedish Covenant Hospital
Louis A Weiss Memorial Hospital
Merit Lincoln Park LLC
Louis A Weiss Mem Hosp, Chicago, Il
Northshore University Healthsystem
St Francis Hosp, Evanston, Il
St Joseph Hospital-Elgin
44 Years Experience
Rosalind Franklin University
Graduated in 1969
Mount Sinai Hospital
Dr. William Appelbaum accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWilliam Allen Appelbaum MD, 2406 the Strand, Northbrook, IL
Dr. William Appelbaum is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Northbrook, IL.