More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William Archer Jr
Dr. William Archer Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Richardson, TX. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Hospitalist and Pediatrics. Dr. Archer is affiliated with Medical City Dallas Hospital, BaylorScott & White Medical Center - Carrollton and Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas. He speaks English.
Dr. William Archer Jr has the following 2 specialties
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Chest Pain
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Archer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano
Doctors Hospital Dallas
Presbyterian Hospital Of Rockwall
Baylor Medical Center at Carrollton
Methodist Richardson Medical Center
Lake Pointe Medical Center
20 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. William Archer Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPediatrix Medical Group, 3001 E President George Bush Hwy, Richardson, TX
Dr. William Archer Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richardson, TX.