Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William B Johnson has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I have been taking my children to Dr. Johnson for 10+ years. He is a wonderful, wise, intelligent man who has always taken the time to put me and, most importantly, my kids at ease. But his receptionist is hands down, by far, the rudest person I have ever met. Like I stated, I've been going there a long time. Alot longer than before she even arrived. And as much as I trust Dr. Johnson and value his expertise because he has never been wrong with a diagnosis, I seriously can NOT deal with her anymore. I've never met such a miserable, hateful, vile person as her, and I get along with everybody. The wait times are also pretty long when you are in the office, but that's because Dr. Johnson gives so much time to each patient, so I can reconcile that drawback. But his staff, even his nurses now, have me raising the white flag. It's not worth it. I can find quality care somewhere else and not be treated like I'm a nuisance because you have to do your job and address me and check in my child when we arrive. Sad. Ridiculous, and sad.
Excellent Doctor, great with children
Dr. Johnson is excellent with my girls he plays with them and gives them time to warm up to him and he is always accommodating. There maybe alittle of a wait but it's because he spends time answering all questions and making sure the parent is happy before he leaves the room. I love my daughters new doc I would recommend him to everyone!
First let me say the staff is better now than they were a year ago. They must have read some of the complaints here. Overall he is a very nice, likeable person, and he is as good as most. But there are days when he just doesn't seem to be able to diagonis a problem, seems overwhelmed and forgets basic things like looking in nose, ears, mouth and listening to heart and lungs (which is especially weird when the complain in respiratory). Then when you return with the same complaint a few days later, he will order batteries of tests that show if he'd been a bit more aggressive to begin with medication wise my child would not have gotten worse. At any rate, he's probably an average pediatrician if you are a diligent parent. Make sure that he understands what your complaints are and that he addresses them with you and discusses which medications and the reasons for using them versus another.
Dr. Johnson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. William B Johnson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. William B Johnson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fredericksburg, VA.