Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William Barbour has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
my babyboy was born with Non-Immune Hydrops at 37 wks. I never missed a visit. Yet Dr. Barbour didn't send me to a specialist for a last ultrasound and had only approved the 18 wk ultrasound then no others. My baby developed this life threatening illness that subsequently ended his life 25 days after birth...Dr. Barbour spent less & less time w/ me as the pregnancr progressed & when I tried to tell him something didn't feel right, he brushed it off & I beleived him & took his word. I tried to urge him one last time to just take a look at the baby to make sure everything was growing right but he refused. My baby had no fluid around him when I'd gone into the hospital for contractions, but I had just been to a visit to see Dr. Barbour a wk prior. The nurses cldn't understand why this wasn't caught by him. Dr. Barbour was nervous & mumbling throught my labor, then after dialating to 7 & my sons heartrate dropping, he proposed to me doing a c section if i wanted the baby to live...ultimately my son died 25 days later. Dr. Barbour see,ed differen at my 6 wk post follow up..never gave condolences or anything for my child & didnt have a reason why this could have happened. I was totally dissapointed in him.
Dr. Barbour is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Harrison Medical Center
33 Years Experience
The University of Texas Southwestern
Graduated in 1980
Dr. William Barbour accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. William Barbour is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austin, TX.