Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William J Beneke has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. William J Beneke has the following 14 expertise
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Heart Diseases
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
Dr. William J Beneke has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
I went to Dr. Beneke after my cardiologist left Williamsburg. I found him to be condescending. He thought that an acceptable answer to a question I had about why I had to take a particular medecine was "because it is the prescribed treatment." When I pressed further for an explanation as to why it was the prescribed treatment, he would not expand on it and basically told me he was a doctor and knew what he was doing. I refused to take the drug for another year because he would not take the 60 seconds to explain why I needed it. My next cardiologist gave the explanation first visit and I have stayed with the new guy for 8 years now. I had also been exercising for 4 months when I went to him (walking/running.) Dr. Beneke had me stop immediately until he could do a stress test. It took another 3 months to get the test and then get a follow up to be cleared to start walking/running again. I have no doubt he is a proficient cardiologist, but his bedside manner is terrible.
Dr. Beneke is quite good at his profession so you can feel confident putting your health in his hands, which is what you really want, right? However, during the couple of months I saw him he set me up for at least 2 unnecessary appointments and 1 unnecessary procedure, which benefited his pocket and hurt mine significantly. I did not realize until I'd learned a lot more about heart care that I did not need those appointments. He also was very impatient with my husband's questions. A truly good doctor recognizes patients' and families' fears and helps deal with them as part of dealing with the whole of patients' needs. Again, let me emphasize that he is technically very good and has a good reputation among other cardiac specialists. I am fortunate in that I no longer need specialized cardiac care. If I did, I would choose another cardiologist.
This is by far one of the most caring and sympathetic doctors I have ever seen. He took his time and was very professional and friendly. He may not have much of a sense of humor, but I dont pay him to tell jokes. I pay him to take care of my heart and that he does exceptionally well! I would recommend anyone who needs a cardiologist start with Dr. Beneke!
32 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1986
Erie County Medical Center
Dr. William J Beneke accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
Locations & DirectionsAdvanced Cardiovascular Institute, 5215 Monticello Ave Ste A, Williamsburg, VA
Dr. William J Beneke is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Williamsburg, VA.