Dr. William Beneke Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. William Beneke?

St. Jude valve recipient.

Posted on September 5th, 2016

I went to Dr. Beneke after my cardiologist left Williamsburg. I found him to be condescending. He thought that an acceptable answer to a question I had about why I had to take a particular medecine was "because it is the prescribed treatment." When I pressed further for an explanation as to why it was the prescribed treatment, he would not expand on it and basically told me he was a doctor and knew what he was doing. I refused to take the drug for another year because he would not take the 60 seconds to explain why I needed it. My next cardiologist gave the explanation first visit and I have stayed with the new guy for 8 years now. I had also been exercising for 4 months when I went to him (walking/running.) Dr. Beneke had me stop immediately until he could do a stress test. It took another 3 months to get the test and then get a follow up to be cleared to start walking/running again. I have no doubt he is a proficient cardiologist, but his bedside manner is terrible.

patient

Posted on September 15th, 2011

Technically Good but I Have Serious Issues

Posted on February 3rd, 2011

Dr. Beneke is quite good at his profession so you can feel confident putting your health in his hands, which is what you really want, right? However, during the couple of months I saw him he set me up for at least 2 unnecessary appointments and 1 unnecessary procedure, which benefited his pocket and hurt mine significantly. I did not realize until I'd learned a lot more about heart care that I did not need those appointments. He also was very impatient with my husband's questions. A truly good doctor recognizes patients' and families' fears and helps deal with them as part of dealing with the whole of patients' needs. Again, let me emphasize that he is technically very good and has a good reputation among other cardiac specialists. I am fortunate in that I no longer need specialized cardiac care. If I did, I would choose another cardiologist.

Posted on April 17th, 2009

This is by far one of the most caring and sympathetic doctors I have ever seen. He took his time and was very professional and friendly. He may not have much of a sense of humor, but I dont pay him to tell jokes. I pay him to take care of my heart and that he does exceptionally well! I would recommend anyone who needs a cardiologist start with Dr. Beneke!

Posted on July 30th, 2017