Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William E Bode
Dr. William E Bode, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Shavano Park, TX. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Colon & Rectal Surgery. Dr. Bode is affiliated with Methodist Mansfield Medical Center, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital and Baptist Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. William E Bode has the following 1 specialty
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Abdominal Pain
- Rectal Pain
- Rectal Bleeding
- Bowel Resection
- Colon Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
My father in-law (Dad) was recently an inpatient at Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital being treated for terminal cancer. His primary surgeon was a very caring man who took his time to explain to the family about everything involved in Dads situation. Dr Bode (who we had never met) was covering the week-end. The family already knew that Dad was not doing well and the rest of his children were flying in on Monday to meet with hospice and plan for getting him home. Dr Bode was rough with Dad and essentially argued with the GI doc that we need to come up with a plan to feed him or you can just call in the buzzards. My sister was standing right there. As he was leaving he said that he has already given up and its the family thats holding on. The nurses present were also very upset at his comments and demeanor during his visit with Dad. Upon finding out I told the nurses he is not welcome in Dads room anymore and we placed a formal complaint through the hospital. Bode is lucky that my brother and I were not present when he made these horrible comments, the outcome would not have been as pleasant for him. My Dad passed away 6 days later at home with his family.
My husband had to have a major procedure which Dr. Bode performed brilliantly. He has given us our life back and I cannot say enough good things about him. He is not a molly coddler, so be prepared that he's abrupt. But, he is a master surgeon who not only saved my husband but gave him a wonderful quality of life because he performed the procedure flawlessly. A true genius. I shudder to think how it could have gone if we had ended up with the wrong doctor. There is a god, and it's Dr. B.
Dr. Bode is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. William E Bode accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWilliam Ernest Bode Md, 107 Ottawa Run, Shavano Park, TX
Dr. William E Bode is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Shavano Park, TX.