Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William D Breedlove has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. Breedlove doesn't keep abreast of latest research into such common issues as vit d needs, cholesterol levels and dangers of antidepressants. When we asked about benefits of supplements, he said that he would NOT be our dr if we took herbs or supplements. The community accepts him because he is a homeboy, with old family ties. All flash, no substance.
While the staff at his office leave much to be desired, Dr. Breedlove himself is amazing. He saved the lives of both of my children during childbirth, and the decisions he makes regarding healthcare for me and my children are second to none. I question him after appointments, only to discover that he was not only correct, but he has a plan for follow up. Such as when he treated my hives...he gave me one drug, but not the drug I thought I should have (oral steroids.) When he followed up, i realized that my hives were completely gone, and I now know why I got them. The office staff do not deliver messages to the doctor (such as the death of an old friend-not patient) and they have issues with tempers-such as...please bill my ins, and they say the patient needs to call to get the information that is on the card, just not in the right order...I think they spent more time fighting with the little old man in front of me then they would have spent calling to get the right info... But all in all, the staff are usually friendly, and the doctor is somewhere around "Dr. Gregory House" smart.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
35 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
The Medical Center
Dr. William D Breedlove accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsW David Breedlove Md, 162 Hospital Rd, Blairsville, GA
Dr. William D Breedlove is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Blairsville, GA.