Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William Bridgforth Jr
Dr. William Bridgforth Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Johnson City, TN. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Bridgforth is affiliated with Smyth County Comm Hosp, Northside Hospital and Johnson City Specialty Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. William Bridgforth Jr has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. William Bridgforth Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. William Bridgforth made unprofessional comments about my children, saying my son(2 years old) was "spoiled rotten" and my baby(13 months) was "stubborn as a mule". Whether these comments were made in jest or not, he should not say things like that about patients, especially very young sick children. He also spoke to me in a condescending tone, attempting to make me read aloud a passage about fevers. I went to school for early childhood education and worked in child care centers for 5 years. I know about fevers. My son is shy towards strangers and especially doctors. Dr. Bridgforth seemed to taunt him after his checkup was complete, saying "do you want me to check you again", etc. making him cry. He just did not know when to stop and leave my son alone. We have been patients of JCPeds for almost 3 years with no bad experiences, however we will not be seeing Dr. Bridgforth again.
Dr. Bridgforth is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Smyth County Comm Hosp
Johnson City Specialty Hospital
Johnston Memorial Hospital
Johnson City Medical Ctr
Indian Path Medical Center
Sycamore Shoals Hospital
Russell County Medical Center
Johnson County Community Hospital
39 Years Experience
University of Tennessee
Graduated in 1974
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions301 Med Tech Pkwy, Johnson City, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William Bridgforth Jr in this video.
Dr. William Bridgforth Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Johnson City, TN.