Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. William C Adams has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. William C Adams has the following 6 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. William C Adams is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Adams continues to surpass our expectations
Self-verified patient of Dr. William C Adams - Posted on April 1st, 2011
We have had many experiences over the years with Dr. Adams, and every one of them has been great! He genuinely cares about his patients and listens to both the children and parents. His bedside manner to the young ones is amazing - he tells them he is going to be "gentle" and exactly what to expect so they won't be scared. To the older ones he speaks on their level and they respect what he says because he's showing them respect too. He knows his stuff too and is a wealth of knowledge. Amazing doctor in every way - HIGHLY recommend!!
Highly recommend Dr. Adams
Self-verified patient of Dr. William C Adams - Posted on April 16th, 2010
My husband and I have recently moved from LI, NY and we had a hard time finding a pediatrition within the area. Dr. Adams was warm, sensitive to our needs and above all was overly concerned with making our son feel comfortable with being at his wellness visit! Quite a drastic difference from a recommended pediatritian's office we visited in Raleigh. We are so grateful to our midwife for recommending Dr. Adams. Great experience! Thank you
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2009, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
40 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. William C Adams accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Coventry Carelink - Duke Medicine Tier 1
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsTRIANGLE PEDIATRICS, 105 Ridge View Dr, Cary, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William C Adams, MD - Pediatrics in Cary, NC, in this video.
Dr. William C Adams is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Cary, NC.