More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William C Yu has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 44
Dr.Yu is a very knowledgeable and I have taken both my daughters to him. I often thought of changing doctors because of the ridiculous wait times. I know now that I would stick with him. My 3 month old baby had a very high fever with no other symptoms. We saw another doctor in the practice but she couldn't identify the problem. The next day we went back for a visit and Dr Yu identified that it could be meningitis. The doctors in the ER were unable to diagnose and treat correctly and we lost precious time. Dr Yu has great instincts based on years of experience. He also spends a lot of time explaining your child's health to you. You do not leave his office befuddled.
We have been using this practice since we moved to the area and Dr. Yu is by far the best most competent of them all, however the wait time is abominable. We just went today and we were seen by the Dr. an hour and fifteen minutes after the appt time and this wasn't the first time, in fact in the last few years we have found that 30 minute wait is the minimum . It is insane and the receptionists always just roll their eyes and tell us that we are next in line whenever we've complained. Today they even tried to charge us for a balance that wasn't ours and they only accept cash and won't see you until it's paid. We're lucky that I keep my receipts. We would have just walked out after an hour but unfortunately we had a sick child that needed to be seen so leaving wasn't an option. I really Dr. Yu but I am afraid we will have to switch b/c of the horrible wait time and service.
36 Years Experience
University Of Santo Tomas
Graduated in 1982
Jersey City Medical Center
Dr. William C Yu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Dr. William C Yu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jersey City, NJ.