Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William J Chernack has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Allergy & Immunology
Dr. William J Chernack has the following 14 expertise
- Hay Fever
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Sino-Nasal Disorders
- Food Allergies
- Watery Eyes
- Nasal Allergies
Dr. William J Chernack is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
It look 4 appointments, one consultation and three testing appointments for Dr. Chernack to tell me that my 5 year old has a mold allergy, despite his symptoms only being present for 2 months in the summer. He administered a total of 26 intra-dermal shots, one at a time, during a course of three visits. This was my first time with an allergist and I did not know what to expect. He also advised it would be alright to have my son on antihistamines while he was being tested. My confidence in his office and his diagnosis was very low and we got a 2nd opinion with Dr. Gary Pien, with the Summit Medical Center. Dr. Pien was on the opposite spectrum of Dr. Chernack. In one visit, consultation and testing, he told us that my son does not have allergies. He did a skin test with one set of pricks by using a panel. I am very dissatisfied with Dr, Chernack because he conducted unnecessary testes on my son with individual injections, he charged me and the insurance company 4 times and his bedside manner was poor, not too mention he was unnecessarily sarcastic.
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
52 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1966
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. William J Chernack accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
Locations & DirectionsWilliam J Chernack Md Pa, 28 Franklin Pl Ste A, Morristown, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William J Chernack in this video.
Dr. William J Chernack is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Morristown, NJ.