Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William Clancy Jr
Dr. William Clancy Jr, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in Madison, WI. His specialties include Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Clancy is affiliated with UAB Highlands, Healthsouth Med Ctr, Birmingham, Al and University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics. He speaks English.
Dr. William Clancy Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Clancy performed two ACL surgeries on me, and I will definitely say without a doubt that I am very happy with the results. Other patients with whom I've spoken who have had the same surgery, had a much longer recovery period with a lot more pain. I was able to leave the hospital much sooner than patients of other doctors of the same surgery, and the scars are very minimal.
Dr. Clancy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Healthsouth Med Ctr, Birmingham, Al
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
UW Health-UW Hospital & Clinics
- State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital
Dr. William Clancy Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUW MEDICAL FOUNDATION CENTENNIAL BUILDING, 1685 Highland Ave, Madison, WI
Dr. William Clancy Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Madison, WI.