Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William J Crowley III
Dr. William J Crowley III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Austin, TX. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Anesthesiology. Dr. Crowley is affiliated with St Davids Medical Center and Hendrick Medical Center Ltac. He speaks English.
Dr. William J Crowley III has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
My husband had surgery recently and this doctor was chosen as the anesthesiologist. He was condescending and dismissive. He was excessively rough when inserting the anesthesia tube, leaving a deep cut in my husband's mouth that kept my husband from being able to eat the rest of that day. The pain continued for a few days. When we called to let Dr. Crowley know, and find out how this could have happened, he was rude, dismissive and argumentative. He never explained, apologized or even empathized. He simply said, "You are wrong." I have accompanied my husband to many surgeries (an athlete). Never has an anesthesiologist been so rough, or caused so much pain. I would not recommend this doctor at all.
Dr. Crowley is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Dr. William J Crowley III accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAustin Anesthesiologist Group LLP, 8140 N Mopac Expy Ste 210, Austin, TX
Dr. William J Crowley III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austin, TX.