Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William Cua
Dr. William Cua, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tarpon Springs, FL. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Cua is affiliated with James A. Haley Veterans Medical Center, Morton Plant North Bay Hospital and Columbia Regional Medical Center At Bayon. He speaks English.
Dr. William Cua has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. William Cua has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. William Cua has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 3
I went with my husband to see this fella at the VA after my husband had been hospitalized. We tried to explain that due to mental instability, he needs to be inpatient somewhere. Dr Cua said that because my husband is not suicidal or homicidal he does not fit the criteria for being admitted to the VA hospital for mental health. He offered NO ALTERNATIVES and sent us on our way. Now, less than a week later, my husband is missing, off his meds and if history has repeated itself, is also delusional. Thanks a pant load for recognizing a patient in trouble dr cua.
For my first visit with cua. he asked me if I was a homosexuel. when I got upset. He said I was talking to fast. He is a quack.
Dr. Cua is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
James A. Haley Veterans Medical Center
Morton Plant North Bay Hospital
Columbia Regional Medical Center At Bayon
Community Hospital Of New Port Richey
30 Years Experience
University Of Santo Tomas
Graduated in 1983
Jackson Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsApplied Sciences & Knowledge for Mental Disorders PA, 555 Ranch Rd, Tarpon Springs, FL
Dr. William Cua is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tarpon Springs, FL.