Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William Cummings
Dr. William Cummings, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Williamsburg, VA. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine. Dr. Cummings is affiliated with John Randolph Medical Center, Henrico Doctors Hospital-Forest and Henrico Doctors' Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. William Cummings has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Cummings was very professional. Based on my history of RA and sepsis, he took my fever seriously. I had no other symptoms other than fatigue but he covered all bases. What really impressed me was the follow up. The fever lingered and he checked on me from home during his days off. That's above and beyond these days!!!!!
Dr. Cummings is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
John Randolph Medical Center
Henrico Doctors Hospital-Forest
Henrico Doctors' Hospital
Sentara Bayside Hospital
Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital
Sentara Obici Hospital
Sentara Careplex Hospital
Sentara Leigh Hospital
Sentara Norfolk Genl Hosp
Williamsburg Community Hospital
Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center
42 Years Experience
University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Dr. William Cummings accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsSentara Urgent Care-New Town, 4374 New Town Ave, Williamsburg, VA
Dr. William Cummings is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Williamsburg, VA.