Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William D Parker has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Women's Health
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
I love Dr Parker. He has always taken good care of my 3 babies. He is not quick to throw antibiotics at them. He has always been concerned about my kids' health. He is a quiet, easy going guy that at first may seem rude. But that's just him. Once you get to talking with him he is very funny and sweet! He talks to my kids each visit. They also trust him! He has back up Dr's that are also very good, but they practice medicine a bit different. One Dr always runs a rest. Be it a CBC or something. And the other Dr always rights a script even if it's just to treat symptoms of a cold or stomach bug. But theyou are good guys too. I just prefer my Parker! He is a perfect fit for my family!
Dr parker is quiet, but he will speak if you initiate . He will explain things to you were you cam understand. He truly loves my children and cares about their welbeing. Ive used him for 8 years. He isnt quick to throw antibiotics at them. He is patient and I would recommend using him. He may not be fir everyone, especially if you are the type of parent who wants antibiotics given to your kid for everything.
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. William D Parker accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWk Portico Pediatrics, 7847 Youree Dr, Shreveport, LA
Dr. William D Parker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Shreveport, LA.