Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William Debassio MD, PHD
Dr. William Debassio, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in Dorchester Center, MA, with other offices in Braintree, MA and Boston, MA (and 4 other locations). He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics, Child Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Debassio is affiliated with Quincy Medical Center, Carney Hospital and Signature Healthcare Brockton Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. William Debassio has 7 locations
725 Albany St
Boston, MA 02118
Dr. William Debassio has the following 3 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Child Neurology
Pediatric neurologists diagnose neurological conditions in children as young as newborn, all the way up to adolescence. They can recommend treatment for sleep disorders, head injuries and headaches, but they also specialize in issues such as epilepsy, seizures and brain tumors.
Their expertise in childhood development and the nervous system make them an excellent resource for parents of children with autism, cerebral palsy, mental development issues or learning disabilities. You can consult with a pediatric neurologist before, during and after diagnosis depending on your child's specific condition and needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. William Debassio has the following 8 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. William Debassio is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Experience with Dr. DeBassio
Self-verified patient of Dr. William Debassio - Posted on September 26th, 2016
Dr. Debassio is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Quincy Medical Center
Signature Healthcare Brockton Hospital
Boston Medical Center
South Shore Hospital
Braintree Rehabilitation Hospital
Steward Carney Hospital
36 Years Experience
University of Vermont
Graduated in 1977
Dr. William Debassio Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. William Debassio's office for more information.
2110 Dorchester Ave Dorchester Center, MA : (617) 296-2300
751 Granite St Braintree, MA : (781) 380-4360
811 Harrison Ave Boston, MA : (617) 414-4841
680 Centre St Brockton, MA : (508) 941-7000
500 Congress St Quincy, MA : (617) 786-7402
725 Albany St Boston, MA 02118
1221 Main St South Weymouth, MA : (781) 952-1500
Locations & Directions
Dr. William Debassio is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dorchester Center, MA.