Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Get the facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William Demayo
Dr. William Demayo, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Johnstown, PA. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine. Dr. Demayo is affiliated with Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center, Conemaugh Hospitals Medical Center Active 6261996 and Gaylord Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. William Demayo has the following 2 specialties
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
A physiatrist is a doctor who specializes in the rehabilitation and physiological treatment of patients with an illness or injury that affects movement.
These specialists have extensive knowledge of the nerves, muscles, bone, and brain. Physiatrists are also experts in pain medication.
Some common conditions that physiatrists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, neurological and spinal disorders and injuries, chronic pain disorders, like fibromyalgia, and musculoskeletal issues, like broken bones and torn muscles.
These physicians also often coordinate a team of other specialists in order to maximize the patient's recovery, such as occupational therapists, speech therapists, neurologists, orthopedists, and counselors.
- Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine
If you have a back injury or unexplained back pain, your doctor might refer you first to a radiologist and then to an orthopedic spinal surgeon. They specialize in the spine and can diagnose and treat spinal diseases such as scoliosis. They can also treat spinal injuries such as a displaced disc or a fracture, as well as disc degeneration and narrowing that occurs due to aging.
However, when your injury or condition affects the spinal canal or spinal cord, it’s typically better to consult with a neurosurgeon. It's worth noting that, while they're both referred to as surgeons, they can also recommend treatments that don't require an operation, such as non-surgical decompression therapy.
- Back Pain
- Brain Trauma (Diffuse Axonal Injury)
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
- Chronic Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Diabetic Neuropathies
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Head Trauma (Craniocerebral Trauma)
- Intrinsic Sleep Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Damage
- Neurogenic Urinary Bladder
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Phantom Limb
- Polio (Poliomyelitis)
- Post-Concussion Syndrome
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Sports Medicine
- Surgery Recovery
- Traumatic Amputation
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Demayo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center
Conemaugh Hospitals Medical Center Active 6261996
Memorial Medical Center Downtown
UPMC Lee Regional Hospital
Westmoreland Regional Hospital
Windber Medical Center
Latrobe Area Hospital
Meyersdale Community Hospital
Memorial Medical Center
31 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1986
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. William Demayo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSummit Medical Rehabilitation, 360 Goucher St, Johnstown, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William Demayo in this video.
Dr. William Demayo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Johnstown, PA.