Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William Dent has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Dent's staff was nice. Dr. Dent himself was detached and curt. We sent him a copy of a recent CT scan that indicated that my wife had lung cancer that had also spread into her liver. We knew that before we came in but she was experiencing a really bad cough and on an inhaler and a nebulizer prescribed by a local MD. He basically said for her to make her plans and be settled with it all. He asked a few questions, assumed (incorrectly) that her cough was probably GERD and prescribed her a PPI. He gave her another inhaler and basically sent us packing WITH the copy of the CT scan we had forwarded there and the report that came with it. That, of course was interpreted by us as his resignation toward treating anyone he figures is already going to die so why even keep a record. He doesn't smile or say much. In fact I hardy recognized him from the picture above.
MY MOTHER WHO IS 86 YEARS OLD WAS ADMITTED TO THE BAY MEDICAL HOSPITAL WITH DOUBLE PNEUMONIA - MY SISTER AND I WERE VERY IMPRESSED WITH HIS HANDS ON EXPERTISE IN MEDICALLY TREATING OUR MOM- HE KEPT US APPRAISED OF HER CONDITION -EVEN TO THE POINT OF CALLING US ON THE PHONE . HE ANSWERED ALL OUR QUESTIONS AND EVEN MADE A TIME FOR US TO MEET TO DISCUSS HER CONTINUED MEDICAL TREATMENT ONCE MOTHER WAS DISCHARGED .
Dr. Dent is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Gulf Coast Medical Center
37 Years Experience
University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dr. William Dent accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWilliam W Dent MD PA, 801 E 6th St, Panama City, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William Dent in this video.
Dr. William Dent is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Panama City, FL.