Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William B Ershler
Dr. William B Ershler, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fairfax, VA, with another office in Falls Church, VA. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ershler is affiliated with Virginia Hospital Center. Dr. Ershler has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. William B Ershler has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. William B Ershler has the following 34 expertise
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Digestive System Cancer
- Multiple Primary Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Breast Cancer
- Pathologic Neovascularization
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Malignant Fibrous Tissue Cancer (Fibrosarcoma)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Immune System Disorders
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Mediastinum Cancer (Mediastinal Neoplasm)
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Blood Cancer
- Hodgkin Disease
- Clinical Research
- Hepatitis C
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
Dr. William B Ershler has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 24
Dr. Ershler is one of the top notch doctors we ever met. He is so professional and very caring. My niece discovered recently that she had a serious blood disorder issue while she was 31 weeks pregnant. Dr. Ershler came to visit her at the ER room around 9 pm after he finished his normal 8 hours work and was called back and stayed past midnight to work on her treatment plan. After the first treatment he prescribed, my nieceâs condition was improved significantly. Dr. Ershler takes time to listen to our worries patiently and answers our questions with great knowledge and deep understanding of his medical field. What an excellent doctor!
Fantastic doctor that I have been seeing for a number of years with on-going blood issues. He was the first: after several other hematologists visits, to diagnose the problem and has taken excellent care of me since. Exceedingly caring to patients and never in a rush when seeing you. Highly recommend!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Ershler is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1974
Dr. William B Ershler accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William B Ershler in this video.
Dr. William B Ershler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fairfax, VA.