Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William I Essilfie has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. William I Essilfie has the following 11 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Showing 5 of 11
i was looking for a doctor because i was in pain and discomfort. with much regret, i chose dr. esselfie. he turned out to be everything that you don't want in a doctor. he was arrogant, dismissive, cold and rushed. i felt as though i would have received better bedside manner from a radio talk show doctor. he glossed over everything that i felt and i ended up having to go to another doctor because his diagnosis was so vague. steer clear and look for a doctor that actually cares about the people that are in his waiting room.
I recently saw Dr Essilfie at Healthcare Partners in Long Beach, CA and was very happy with his service. Although he is a man of few words, he explained his plan to me and possible outcomes, made a very uncomfortable and embarrassing procedure tolerable by making me feel very at ease, even cracking jokes. As for the diagnosis, he gave me a plan to follow, eased my worries and always answered all of my questions thoroughly. I do not need a lot of hand holding and coddling, so he is perfect for me as a specialist - to the point, educated and returns phone calls promptly, despite his very busy schedule.
He was Not compassionate after explaining what my problems were. Didn't seem to care and seemed like he was in a hurry. After a procedure he wanted to do was denied by my insurance due to lack of information sent on his and his staffs part, He didnt want to help and havnt heard from him since. I am Still dealing with the problems and my Doctor keeps referring me to him which he has no clue what he is doing. They should make him re test for his doctors license and make his take a class in compassion.....
Was arrogant, nasty and less than helpful. He was referred after a hospital visit for IBS. When he entered the exam room he asked "what are you doing here?" We were shocked at that lack of interest, compassion and professionalism. After a few moments, the next comment was "I can't do anyting for you you have IBS." I should have demanded our co-pay back, but we just left the office in disbelief.
- Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
St Francis Hospital
Dr. William I Essilfie accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net Salud EPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEssilfie Medical Group, 1141 W Redondo Beach Blvd Ste 307, Gardena, CA
Dr. William I Essilfie is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gardena, CA.