Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William W Estabrook III has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. William W Estabrook III has the following 7 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Dr. William W Estabrook III has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. William Estabrook was my psychiatrist from approximately Jan.1991 at The Haven,DeSoto,TX and Glen Oaks Hospital in Greenville, TX until he moved his practice to Tacoma, Washington sometime after 2003. During the approximate 12+ years he treated me, he was always the ultimate gentleman and thorough physician. He made himself available to me whenever I needed him and was thoroughly attentive when I was in crisis, which occurred many times. He always ran, as close as possible, on schedule. I was always amazed at the capacity of his memory and knowledge, and trusted him completely. Since losing "Dr. E.", I have had several other psychiatrists, none of whom I have had the confidence, trust, and respect for as him, and none with whom I have felt treated me with the knowledge and skill in that I had with Dr. Estabrook
44 Years Experience
University Of Massachusetts Medical School
Graduated in 1974
Ucla Neuropsychiatric Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William W Estabrook III in this video.
Dr. William W Estabrook III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Hood, TX.