Dr. William F Nicholson Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. William F Nicholson?

The best primary care doctor ever. Yes, sometimes he gets behind but I usually call to see how he is doing and the staff tells me when to come in. I am willing to do this because he will give me ALL the time necessary. Never rushes me. And he gives me advice or treatment for every issue.

Mr.

Excellent Cardiologist who ordered all relevant tests to accurately diagnose my heart's condition. Very kind and softspoken man.

Absolutely the worst ever! I waited over an hour and went up to ask how much longer. The receptionist told me over an hour, meaning I would have to wait over two hours to see this doctor! She was going to just let me sit there for two hours. She then tells me the doctor usually shows up late and there were three people in front of me. I told them that was disrespectful of my time and demanded my copay back. Avoid this place, this doctor does not care about your time. There are many other doctors available that respect their patients time.

Call ahead

I live less than ten minutes from Dr. Nicholson's office. So, when I have an appointment, I call ahead to see how the wait is going and have the staff call me back when my place in line is getting close. The doctor is always behind schedule, and often very significantly behind, so this 'call ahead' deal works very well for me. Dr. Nicholson has one exceptionally redeeming quality: he will spend as much time with you as _you_ feel you need. He listens to varied complaints patiently, and will not finish up with you until you are satisfied. In this world of HMO-driven appointments lasting seconds, Dr. Nicholson will spend the time you need. This is a big part of why he's late, but it's also why he's worth the wait.