Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William F Schmalz has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Critical Care
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Schmalz is really just not very good. No eye contact, ever. Does not explain anything well, does not answer questions well, and during my last visit spent the entire time clicking away on the tablet computer rather than actually examining me. I wish that was an exaggeration. As a last resort/urgent care type doctor, sure, go for it. Any other time, find someone else. The positive: the office is very convenient so you can drop in any time if you're not feeling well. That's it for positives.
he doesnot belive in giving antibotics to his patients; Even when they suffering from a bad sore throat and an earache; one one occasion i had a ba cough and fever he still wont give me a antobotics the next day i went into bronchitis,and these people are senior citzens who have poor imunity systems ii think he wants to have his own way; i think he is not a good doctor
In the interest of full disclosure I not a big fan of doctors. That being said Dr. Schmalz actually knows what he is doing and takes the time to accurately assess me and listen to my concern. Most doctors (in my experience) hardly look at you before jumping to the next patient. I have learned a lot from Dr Schmalz about physical assessment which has helped me immensely as a nursing student! I would recommend him to anyone and am trying to convince my mom to ditch her own doctor and see Dr. Schmalz. He looks at his patients, listens to their concerns, and he thinks. Remarkable!
Dr. Schmalz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. William F Schmalz accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFirst Care Medical Group, 750 Valley Brook Ave, Lyndhurst, NJ
Dr. William F Schmalz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lyndhurst, NJ.