More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. William Walsh
Dr. William Walsh, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dyersburg, TN. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine and Pediatrics. Dr. Walsh is affiliated with Baptist Memorial Hospital - Union City, Saint Francis Hospital and Methodist South Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. William Walsh has the following 2 specialties
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
The main responsibility of a perinatologists, also known as a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, is to treat, monitor and assist pregnant mothers through high-risk pregnancies. This includes high blood pressure, early labor and bleeding. They’re also able to identify birth defects and then recommend necessary treatments to support your baby before he/she is born.
Other reasons you may need to see a perinatologist during your pregnancy include diabetes, problems with a previous pregnancy or carrying twins. Having completed OB-GYN training, they’re experts on the female reproductive system with additional specialized training in un-routine pregnancies. So, whether you know you’re at risk going into your pregnancy or problems arise unexpectedly, perinatologists can help you.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. William Walsh is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
There are no reviews for Dr. William Walsh yet. Be the first to review this doctor!
Dr. Walsh is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Baptist Memorial Hospital - Union City
Saint Francis Hospital
Methodist South Hospital
Dyersburg Regional Medical Center
St Thomas Hospital
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Hendersonville Medical Center
Gateway Medical Center
Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt
T C M C
Vanderbilt University Hospital
30 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Indiana University Hospital
Dr. William Walsh accepts the following insurance providers.
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsCancer Care Center Dyersburg, 440 Wilkinson Dr, Dyersburg, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William Walsh, MD - Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine in Dyersburg, TN, in this video.
Dr. William Walsh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dyersburg, TN.