The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William J Fanning
Dr. William J Fanning, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Columbus, OH. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery), Internal Medicine and Vascular Surgery. He speaks English.
Dr. William J Fanning has the following 3 specialties
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. William J Fanning has the following 5 expertise
- Diabetes Complications
- Vascular Malformations
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Varicose Veins
Dr. William J Fanning has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. William J Fanning is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I cannot say enough good things about the entire staff at Dr. Fannings office. This was my 1st ever medical experience & was my worst fear of having my chest split open but Dr. Fanning has the absolute BEST bedside manners & professional attitude of any Doctor I have had to deal with. The staff was always pleasant & polite & you never had to wait more than a few minutes. My entire experience at Mt. Carmel East Hospital & Dr. Fanning was a definite AAA+++. If you are unfortunate & have to have any heart surgery & care I highly recommend Dr. Fanning or any of the Dcotors in his office. While I was there for a follow up an elderly lady traveled from W VA & her daughter was unable to get her out of her vehicle even tho she had a wheel chair, so in the pouring rain Dr. Fanning went outside for the office visit. I am very grateful for the care I received & a 2nd chance as many people do not get this opportunity. Thank you so much all of you.
Dr Fanning performed triple by pass on me several years ago. From our initial visit to discuss my situation and options to the 90 day follow up, DR Fanning was courteous, professional, informative and very good at explaining the proceedure and options. Results were most amazing, I went snow skiing 4 months after the surgery. Awesome
39 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. William J Fanning accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOhiohealth Heart Lung And Vascular Surgeons, 285 E State St Ste 400, Columbus, OH
Dr. William J Fanning is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbus, OH.