Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William F Fearon has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. William F Fearon has the following 21 expertise
- Heart Transplantation
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Catheterization
- Coronary Stenosis
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
Dr. William F Fearon is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
So professional, humble and very personable. Saved my brothers life. Will always be grateful.
This doctor is on the leading edge of his field. Stanford was one of 21 hospitals in the country involved in a special clinical trial of artificial aortic heart valves in 2010 (the Edwards SAPIEN valve). My father in-law qualified (one of only 80 patients to receive the valve at Stanford). This valve is implanted in the beating heart in a manner similar to how a stent is placed - no open heart surgery, just a four day stay at Stanford. Before this surgery his regular cardiologist diagnosed him with congestive heart failure (his heart was pumping less than half the blood it should due to aortic stenosis). He was too sick for open heart surgery so if he had not received this valve, he would have died within months. After the implant, he immediately felt better and was able to resume a normal life. At follow-up office visits, this doctor (who was part of the surgical team) was very thorough and confidence-inspiring. P.S. The FDA has now approved this valve for use only for extremely sick patients who would not survive normal open heart surgery. It has been two years since the implant and he is in good shape.
Having seen many cardiologists in the last 40 years, I am able to rate Dr. Fearon on a comparative basis. I think he is excellent. Covers all the bases, always has the latest information and makes one feel confident they are getting the best diagnosis, assessment and plan. Excellent consult/second opinion if one lives far away as I do
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
24 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1994
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Dr. William F Fearon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsStanford Medical Center, 300 Pasteur Dr, Stanford, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William F Fearon in this video.
Dr. William F Fearon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stanford, CA.