Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William I Frumkin
Dr. William I Frumkin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology. Dr. Frumkin is affiliated with Jamaica Hospital Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. William I Frumkin has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
Dr. William I Frumkin has the following 6 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
Dr. William I Frumkin has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. William I Frumkin is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I would not recommend this doctor. He seems to love to recommend expensive tests that turn up nothing. A minor blip on a heart monitor that might come from someone raising their arm to scratch their noise in Frumkin world are "abnormalities" that require further testing. The wait time is excruciating. I left once after waiting two hours for him to SHOW UP at the office.
It's hard to tell if Dr. Frumkin is a good cardiologist because it is rare that you don't have at least a one and a half hour wait for him to spend 15 minutes with you. Even if you call to see if he is running late, the receptionist will tell you to come 15 minutes later, but you still have to wait upwards of TWO HOURS after you arrive for most visits. If patients show up two hours late, they are billed and the appointment is cancelled. This feels like another example of the "Park Ave Doctor Syndrome". Just because I didn't go to medical school, it doesn't mean my time is not as valuable to me as yours is to you.
Dr. Frumkin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Lenox Hill Hospital
Dr. William I Frumkin accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
Locations & DirectionsTimothy G Jayasundera Md Facc, 184 E 70th St Ste B2, New York, NY
Dr. William I Frumkin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.