Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William Gaya has the following 3 specialties
- Vascular Neurology
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 51
After having an absolutely horrible experience at Dr. Lance Kim's practice (poor bedside manner, rude nurse, inaccurate diagnosis, inappropriate conversation re: what to do with my son for his care, No input from patient..etc...)I decided I had enough of putting up with that. I found Dr. Gaya as a referral to where I work from one of my patients. I immediately called to see if my son's insurance was accepted and to ask when i could make an appt. My son was having seizures multiple times on a daily basis. When we got there the staff was prompt, courteous & friendly. The wait time was about 15 minutes but i was just so glad to get an appointment it was fine. Not too long of a wait. Upon meeting the Dr. for the first time, he was wonderful. Friendly with a personable demeanor. He asked how he could help us instead of God forbid we ask a question about my own son's condition and treatment and get a dirty look. He asked questions and history and together we put the pieces together. On the first visit he gave my son a diagnosis & a script for some meds that seem to actually work not months on end with no answers and rude comments & still my son was suffering. We were so happy and relieved that we finally had some answers. We followed up with my sons psychiatrist like Dr. Gaya suggested & he also has a back up plan in place in case this fails just to be on the safe side & so far all is well. I would like to say a big thank you to Dr. Gaya. There is nothing worse than watching your child suffer and not be able to help him. I would definately recommend this doctor.
26 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine
Dr. William Gaya accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWilliam Gaya Md Pa, 801 SW 1st Ave, Ocala, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William Gaya in this video.
Dr. William Gaya is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Ocala, FL.