Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William H Smith has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 26
Went in for a visit for heel pain. I told him my symptoms and he said I have an Achilles' tendon. All he did was squeeze my calf muscle and told me to go to physical therapy ! No X rays , MRI or nothing to look inside my leg . He said I didn't need one . I could have torn tendons or a fracture. I just wasn't satisfied with that diagnosis ! 🙁
Dr. Smith has been my doctor for 7 or 8 years; Dr. Smith is very personable and upbeat and easy to talk to, very energetic. In my opinion, he would work better with younger patients. I am in my 80's. I feel he rushes through exams, makes fast assessments, records his impression and is quickly on his way. I have not found a cooperative response to patient needs and little individualized focus. Staff assistance is minimal and hurried as well. My main dissatisfaction relates to a sense of physician discomfort in caring for an older patient. This is a subjective assessment and an impression. I plan to make a change soon. I believe he may be excellent with children and younger patients. This relates to my overall experience over the years and a long-term forebearance in hope of change. I would recommend Dr. Smith to a younger demographic.
21 Years Experience
University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
East Tennessee State University
Dr. William H Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGalen Medical Group, 1651 Gunbarrel Rd Ste 302, Chattanooga, TN
Dr. William H Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chattanooga, TN.