Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About William G Heeringa
William G Heeringa is a Doctor primarily located in Grand Rapids, MI. They speak English.
Showing 3 of 3
I have been an endurance athlete for many, many years. I went to see this doctor when I started having gastrointestinal issues after I increased my biking to over 150 miles a week. He diagnosed me with IBS and told me to eat more fiber, drink more fluids and exercise more! He didn't ask me anything about my diet nor did the nurse he sent me to speak with after his consultation. I was handed a sheet of paper and told to eat more fiber (mind you I already eat 25-30 grams per day), drink more fluids and exercise more. Neither he nor the staff listened to me when I said I was already doing that! A few years later, I went to see a different gastroenterologist and obtained a copy of my report from Dr. Herringa's office. I was appalled at what the report said. It indicated I lead a "sedentary lifestyle"! Unbelievable! It just goes to show how he totally didn't listen to me and the reason I was seeking help in the first place - because of my high activity level.
William G Heeringa accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions310 Lafayette Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI
William G Heeringa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Rapids, MI.