3 Ratings • 1 Comment

2.0

Neutral

Have you seen William G Heeringa?

This doctor does not listen!

I have been an endurance athlete for many, many years. I went to see this doctor when I started having gastrointestinal issues after I increased my biking to over 150 miles a week. He diagnosed me with IBS and told me to eat more fiber, drink more fluids and exercise more! He didn't ask me anything about my diet nor did the nurse he sent me to speak with after his consultation. I was handed a sheet of paper and told to eat more fiber (mind you I already eat 25-30 grams per day), drink more fluids and exercise more. Neither he nor the staff listened to me when I said I was already doing that! A few years later, I went to see a different gastroenterologist and obtained a copy of my report from Dr. Herringa's office. I was appalled at what the report said. It indicated I lead a "sedentary lifestyle"! Unbelievable! It just goes to show how he totally didn't listen to me and the reason I was seeking help in the first place - because of my high activity level.

Type 2 Diabetes

William G Heeringa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Rapids, MI.