Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William A Heisel III has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. William A Heisel III has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Heisel leaves me alone in the exam room several times a visit, for several minutes at a time, making my appointments take well over an hour. I have called and asked the staff to put things in my chart to discuss with him and he didn't even mention them to me. I forgot about them because he kept leaving the exam room and I'd been there 90 minutes and had to leave for work, which was why I called in to get them on my chart in the first place. He doesn't listen very well, and he ties every issue to my weight, even problems I was having 120 lbs. ago. I had an allergic reaction to chemo and the rash was spreading up my legs. He said stop using hydrocortisone because I was spreading folliculitis up my legs. It was a RASH. Another time he gave me some internet material on an eye disease and referred me to some specialist. I took my contact out and soaked it and I was FINE. Most recently, he didn't pack an infected abscess he had lanced so the infection could drain OUT. I developed a fever from the infection, and spent 6 days in the ICU. That's a week away from my kids and job because he either didn't know or didn't care that an infection and fever would be bad for his cancer/chemo patient. I do not recommend this doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Heisel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1984
Clarian Health Partners
Dr. William A Heisel III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IU Health EMPLOYER PLAN
- Multiplan PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsIU Health Physicians Womens Health, 13100 E 136th St Ste 1200, Fishers, IN
Dr. William A Heisel III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fishers, IN.