Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William A Heller has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. William A Heller has the following 16 expertise
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Medicine
- Wrist Injury
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bone Fracture
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. William A Heller is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Heller explained the results of my MRI clearly and in 'plain English'. He fully explained the benefits and the possible risks of the surgery. I felt comfortable with his explanation and scheduled surgery. Dr. Heller and his associate, Dr. Strugala did a great job with the surgery and follow-up visits. Dr. Heller also has compassion gained from first-hand knowledge since he too has had shoulder issues also. I would recommend him since I understand his 'style' and feel comfortable with his treatment regimen. The only negative is the policy of MOA to charge $25 per form to prove my disability to my short term disability provider.
The most horrible experience ever. Dirty waiting room, waited almost 90 minutes, waited in the room for his highness, THEN he was rough mean and maybe spent 5 minutes. Told me I had more movement took my arm and lifted it so fast and pushed it so hard back I hit my head falling backward in my chair and hit the wall, with that he stood up and said you can go to work as he was walking out the door. In conclusion this was a workers comp and he works for the company. I felt that he is not a doctor but a machine that answers to his credit card not the patient
Dr. Heller and staff did a great job on my shoulder ! Love him!
My wife was sent to Dr. Heller due to an injury she sustained at work. Her appointment was less than 7 mins. I do not even think the doctor looked at her for more than a minute and a half. He touched her arm twice, wiggled her wrist and completely ignored other areas of discomfort. He then recommended Physical Therapy, which put her back 10 paces due to the neglect of treating the injury and pushing into muscle strengthening. He did not seem to want to discuss the incident or the discomfort she was feeling. It felt more like an ER. Get you in, get you out- a.s.a.p. I would NEVER recommend Dr Heller to my worst enemy. And no one can ever convince me he is not on Workman's Comp payroll. I gave 1 star on follow up. We did NOT follow up with Dr Heller as we witnessed a doctor dedicated to a paycheck rather than his patients.
Dr. Heller is patient and will answer questions. He is thorough and gives you straight up information about the procedure and your rehabilitation. I had basal joint arthroplasty and it was not hard at all. I did the rehab and followed his instructions and was pain-free and back to normal is a few months.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Heller is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Union Memorial Hospital
Dr. William A Heller accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMidland Orthopedic Associates S C, 2850 S Wabash Ave Ste 100, Chicago, IL
Dr. William A Heller is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.