Dr. William G Herrera Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. William G Herrera?

Mrs

This doctor moved to HI to relax, to surf or to climb Mauna Loa summit but not to take care of patients. I went to get a second opinion about my diagnosis, one day I woke up and could not get up, spent 3 weeks bedridden and still, 6 months after, can't walk without a cane. I was telling the story of how my symptoms started and he kept interrupting me cuz he wanted to know just "what I was feeling at the moment of the appointment". I brought copies of my blood work, which he did not bother to look at, he didn't even sent his nurse or secretary to make copies of it! He spent 15 min with me and sent me home with a new prescription for headaches. The bond between patient and physician is vital for diagnostic and Therapeutic process, in this case it was non existant.

Prescribed 7x the allowable dose. Walgreens caught the issue

I was very unimpressed after seeing Dr Herrera. He did not seem coherent or knowledgeable about my problem. When I was experiencing dizziness, he prescribed a medication and sent me on my way. I took it to Walgreens to be filled and the pharmacist notified me that the dose was 7x the maximum allowable dose and was intended for migraines. I did not fill it and immediately found a different neurologist. Once diagnosed, the issue had nothing to do with migraines.

Did refer me to other doctors for diagnosis-helpful in that sense. Did give me the correct medicine for pain relief. But mean.

Dr. William G Herrera is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hilo, HI.