Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William Houston
Dr. William Houston, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Wilmington, DE. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics and General Practice. Dr. Houston is affiliated with Alfred I DuPont Hospital for Children, Dupont Hospital For Children and Christiana Care Health Services. He speaks English.
Dr. William Houston has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Houston is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Alfred I DuPont Hospital for Children
Dupont Hospital For Children
Christiana Care Health Services
Kensington Hosp, Philadelphia, Pa
Ai Dupont(Hospital For Children)institute Of The Nemours Foudation
29 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1984
Dr. William Houston accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNemours Pediatrics, 222 Philadelphia Pike, Wilmington, DE
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William Houston in this video.
Dr. William Houston is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wilmington, DE.