Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. William D Huffstutler has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. William D Huffstutler has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. William D Huffstutler has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
He is one of the most efficient doctors I have ever seen. The only negative about him is the time you have to wait in the office to see him. However, when you are in the treatment room he spends ample time with you and discusses your case, checks things over, goes over meds, reviews file and generally makes you feel much more than just a number. He is very smart and knowledgable in his profession. He makes you feel almost like family while you are with him. This shows why the wait time is long but also lets you understand because he will not shortchange his patients attempting to see as many patients as possible for money purposes such as I have seen with so many doctors. He is rated Excellent by me and others, as well as other doctors I have spoken with.
Dr. Huffstutler is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Osf St Francis Medical Center
Dr. William D Huffstutler accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCrossroads Internal Medicine, 4101 N Water Tower Pl, Mount Vernon, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William D Huffstutler, MD - Internal Medicine in Mount Vernon, IL, in this video.
Dr. William D Huffstutler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mount Vernon, IL.