More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William Huffstutter
Dr. William Huffstutter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Asheville, NC. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Child Neurology and Pediatrics. Dr. Huffstutter is affiliated with Asheville Specialty Hospital, William M. Huffstutter, MD, PA and Asheville Specialty Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. William Huffstutter has the following 2 specialties
- Child Neurology
Pediatric neurologists diagnose neurological conditions in children as young as newborn, all the way up to adolescence. They can recommend treatment for sleep disorders, head injuries and headaches, but they also specialize in issues such as epilepsy, seizures and brain tumors.
Their expertise in childhood development and the nervous system make them an excellent resource for parents of children with autism, cerebral palsy, mental development issues or learning disabilities. You can consult with a pediatric neurologist before, during and after diagnosis depending on your child's specific condition and needs.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
When I was 6 years old I remember going to doctor huffstutters office becAuse I was diagnosed with partial complex seizures which at the time was very rare..... I remember he always had the right words to say to my parents to comfort them and me while trying to cure them. I went to his office for 6 years till I was finially cured!! He is a very good Docter and I am thankful God put him in my family's lives to help is. Now I'm a normally functioning ADHD 19 year old that's living my life seziure free
There is not enough space provided here to tell you how pleased my wife and I are with Dr. Huffstutter. We only saw him once, and it was very brief due to the urgency of my daughters condition. I have to say that Dr. Huffstutter's visit was the best all aroud vist that I, or my wife have ever been a apart of. A+
Dr. Huffstutter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Asheville Specialty Hospital
William M. Huffstutter, MD, PA
Asheville Specialty Hospital
Memorial Mission Hospital and Mission Surgicare Center
40 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
University Of Alabama Hospital
Dr. William Huffstutter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsMISSION MEDICAL ASSOCIATES INC, 6 Brooklet St, Asheville, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William Huffstutter in this video.
Dr. William Huffstutter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Asheville, NC.