Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William J Arnold
Dr. William J Arnold, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Skokie, IL. His specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Arnold is affiliated with Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Northshore Skokie Hospital and Holy Family Medical Center. Dr. Arnold has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. William J Arnold has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Patient Care
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Showing 5 of 26
Wrong diagnosis . Not needed exrays wanted to start me on methrotexite which is a form of chemo . Said I had rheumatoid arthritis . Per tests did not show. Per second opinion did not show but otho arthritis . BIG difference. Also wanted me to get regular vitamins and cream for pain from his recommendation of pharmacy company which was a red flag for me! Beware!
Dr. William Arnold is a supreb physician. All of his staff, PA's, and nurses are caring and professional. I had lost hope for years and have been blessed to find Dr. Arnold and his office. If anyone can make you cheerful while taking some bad news this is the doctor! Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!
Dr. Arnold is patient, explains, wants you to understand and is highly respected. He gives you the resources and makes you feel that you are participating in your treatment. His background is great and his commitment to the American College of Rheumatology is passionate. Highly recommend this doctor!
Dr. Arnold is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. William J Arnold accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOrthopaedics And Rheumatology Of The Nor, 4709 Golf Rd Ste 1200, Skokie, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William J Arnold in this video.
Dr. William J Arnold is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Skokie, IL.