Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William J Phillips MD
Dr. William J Phillips, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lewiston, ME. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiology and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. William J Phillips has the following 2 specialties
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. William J Phillips has the following 9 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
Showing 1 of 1
we love dr.phillips!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. William J Phillips - Posted on June 25th, 2012
my larry was airlifted to cmmc last may-thats when we met dr.phillips.he was having a heart attack at 48.Dr.Phillips met the helicopted outside and introduced himself,said he was going to help.larry doesn't really remenber much but seeing the ceiling panels go by.when i got there after a harrowing drive by myself,i had to wait-i was told larry was in the cath-lab,someone would talk to me soon.Dr. Phillips came out shook my hand and told me larry was going to be allright.he had a stint,and was lucky that parkview hospital in brunswick had stopped the heart attack.there was no damage to the heart muscle.it was going to be a wake up call for us.everyone from the nurses to the docs were great,i can't say enough.the room was also really nice.in the year since this has happened we have learned alot.changed our eating habits and try to exercise.i just want to say thank you all-YOU'RE THE BEST!!
41 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Dr. William J Phillips Accepts the Following Insurance
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsCENTRAL MAINE MEDICAL CENTER, 300 Main St, Lewiston, ME
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William J Phillips, MD - Cardiology in Lewiston, ME, in this video.
Dr. William J Phillips is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lewiston, ME.